Hello, I hope everyone is doing well today. What do you think of when I say Peppermint. Um, let me think, how about candy, or Life Savers, chewing gum, cooling mouth lounges. These three things contain the essential oil, peppermint. Peppermint is well-known, most used and versatile of the essential oils.
Peppermint has a multitude of uses but here are the top five:
- Instant Energy Boost–You can inhale it deeply or do a peppermint lick or put it under the tongue or in a beverage.
- Digestive Support–rub it on your stomach for immediate relief.
- Cool down Body temp. After a workout or a hot flash, use a spray bottle with water or carrier oil to spritz yourself.
- Put on sore muscle to provide a tingly relief, especially on a tight neck.
- Supports the Respiratory System by clearing the airways and easing the breathing
Dr. Mariza shared the recipe for a Stress Release Rub that I will share with you. Lavender and peppermint will ease tense muscles and Clary Sage is ideal for balancing mood.
Yield: 1 application
2 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops Clary sage essential oil
2 drops peppermint essential oil 1 teaspoon carrier oil of your choice
Combine essential oils with carrier oil then massage 3 to 4 drops of blend into your, shoulder, temples, back of your neck and wrists. Apply 1 to 2 drops to palms and breathe deeply to reduce stressful feelings. Use when needed.
Historically peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties, freshen breath, and relieve colic, gas, headaches, heartburn, and indigestion.
Do a Google search on Peppermint essential oil and discover how many wonderful uses this oil has. Have a blessed day.
doTERRA Wellness Coach